10.04.2010

Fall Is Here

The air is turning cool. Leaves – yellow, orange, red, and brown – are dancing across roads and yards, slowly covering the ground with their fiery fall blanket.




Yesterday, Josh and I woke up to a house that smelled of change...something new was all around us. We had left the windows open throughout the night and the air was crisp and cool. I made my way to the kitchen for my morning coffee dressed in a sweater, cozy pants and thick socks. I looked out the window and saw bright blue skies; the blue a little deeper and bluer than usual, indicating cool weather. I breathed in the deep fresh air and sighed happily.

Autumn had arrived.

It is time for backyard bonfires, blankets, sweaters, and hot apple cider. It’s the season for pumpkin, apples, butternut squash…and warm cozy houses that smell of cinnamon and allspice.

Soon we will be with friends in the yard, sitting around a fire, playing music, sipping cinnamon spiced wine, and watching our laughter dance and disappear into the cool night air.

Cheers to a new season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...